Don’t sweat your diet too much. Remember the basics like avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and smoking. Don’t worry about trying to eat perfectly, just try to eat clean (non-processed foods). Simply, try to have a variety of different types of whole foods: vegetables, fruits, and fats. Here are a few good ones to add to your shopping lists
- Seeds, like pumpkin Seeds: High in zinc, high in essential amino acids, and micro-nutrients.
- Mixed Nuts: High in selenium, the Brazilian nut has the highest content of selenium.
- Avocado: Monsaturated fats (the goods kind), B Vitamins, Vitamin C, and is high in Antioxidants
- Sardines: or other small fish Low Mercury, high in vitamins A, D and K as well as DHA
- Dark Leafy Greens: High in Calcium, Potassium, and Chlorophyll (aka the blood of the plant)
- Whole Milk Fat: Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Calcium, be sure to get organic
- Berries: Antioxidants and anti-inflammation
- Yellow and Orange vegetables: High in beta – carotene, high in micro-nutrients, readily absorbed
- Eggs: High in all amnio acids